Capital Pride Weekend Events
Capital Pride weekend is June 7-10 and DC has plenty of options for celebrating.
For more information on the Capital Pride Alliance events and a full calendar visit https://www.capitalpride.org/celebration-2018/
Thursday, June 7
- Capital Pride’s Heroes Gala honors outstanding individuals, leaders, and activists who have furthered the causes important to the LGBTQ+ community in the national capital region and beyond. The Heroes Gala offers an elegant evening on the rooftop, poolside, with stunning views, at 880 P St. Guests will enjoy great entertainment, an open bar, and the best food-tasting stations in town, including the amazing Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. & more. A limited number of tickets are on sale for $65 through June 1. Once these tickets are sold, the General Admission Price will go up to $75. Tickets will $85 at the door.
Friday, June 8
- Earth, Wind, Glitter, & Fire, the official Capital Pride opening party sponsored by Captial Pride & BYT, kicks off at 9 p.m. on Friday at Echostage. There is no dress code, but being on theme is encouraged- The Elements/Captain Planet/Periodic Table.
Saturday, June 9
- Urbana is hosting its annual Pride + Shine party on Saturday, June 9 from 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with an all-day brunch, libations, a fierce dance party with DJ Trayze, front-row parade seating, and special guest appearance by Mike Hot-Pence. There is no entry fee to attend the brunch party, but guests can purchase the Pride + Shine Bar Package for $50 and enjoy select beer, wine, or mixed cocktails starting at 12 p.m. The special drink package is available in advance at PrideAndShine2018.Eventbrite.com or at the door. Reservations are encouraged and can be made by calling 202-956-6650 or visiting www.urbanadc.com. Patio seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Crack of Noon Brunch is being hosted by the Human Rights Campaign (1640 Rhode Island Ave NW) from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Enjoy delicious gourmet brunch tasting stations and complimentary mimosas and bellinis. Attendees will dine and hobnob with parade marshals, pride honorees, and other special guests. Tickets are $50 and include the full brunch, a VIP meet & greet, drinks, entertainment, and dancing. Ticket sales end at 11:30 a.m. on June 8 and will only be sold at the door if space allows.
Pride on the Pier is The Wharf’s inaugural DC Pride celebration, taking place from 12 – 3 p.m. with an exciting array of activities, dancing, and entertainment. Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase for those 21 and older. The main event is free to the public and The Dockmasters Building will be home to a VIP experience with complimentary alcoholic drinks and food during the duration of the event, tickets available at www.prideonthepierdc.com/vip.
- The Second Annual Capital Pride Block Party is back, from 4-10 p.m. at 15th Street NW between P St and Church St. Enjoy entertainment, food, and beverages before, during, and after the Pride 2018 Parade. The Block Party will showcase beats of great DJs, including DJ Rosie, DJ Honey, and more, from the national capital region. The Logan Beverage Garden will provide revelers the opportunity to cool down or heat up while watching and listening to great entertainment on the Block Party Stage, while sipping their favorite beverage and watching the parade. After the parade, be prepared to wear out your dancing shoes as we turn up the heat. Local food trucks will provide the necessary sustenance to keep your energy level high for the packed full day of Pride activities. Donations are encouraged and go to support Capital Pride Alliance and LGBTQ+ partner organizations.
Sunday, June 10
- DNV Rooftop is opening its pool for a Pride Hangover Pool Party on Sunday, June 10 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Guests may sip cocktails, cool off by the pool, and enjoy brunch while overlooking Thomas Circle and enjoying all the favorite tunes provided by DJ Hamsey featuring fabulous divas including Britney, Madonna, and Lady Gaga. $10 entry fee will be charged at the door, the cover charge will be waived for any guest wearing a wristband from Urbana’s June 9 Pride + Shine brunch party.
- The Capital Pride Festival runs 12 -10 p.m. (exhibitors end at 7 p.m.) on America’s mainstreet, historic Pennsylvania Avenue (between 3rd and 7th NW). Enjoy a full day of entertainment, music, food, drink, education, and celebration. The Pride Festival includes three stages of national and local talent, and will host 300 exhibitors including local community groups and businesses, food vendors, and organizations looking to promote their products and services to our community. Engage, learn, and celebrate with the many diverse organizations. This family friendly event is free and open to the public, tickets can be purchased for designated Pride Concert areas. Donations are encouraged and go to support the Capital Pride Alliance and LGBTQ+ partner organizations.