Arts and Theatre
Celebrate the Phillips Gallery This Sat with Free Admission
- Free admission to Degas’s Dancers at the Barre: Point and Counterpoint
- Cupcake party favors while supplies last (10 a.m.–noon)
- Hands-on art-making inspired by Will Ryman’s outdoor sculpture of colossal pink roses (10 a.m.–2 p.m.)
- Hourly gallery talks on Renoir’s Luncheon of the Boating Party and European Masterworks (11 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- “Happy Birthday” sing-along led by on-air talent from ABC7/WJLA-TV (noon)
- Ballet students from the Kirov Academy of Ballet of Washington D.C. practicing in the Degas exhibition (12:30–3 p.m.)
- Interactive self-guide to the collection by illustrator Elizabeth Graeber
- Musical performances throughout the day, featuring Parisian-inspired accordionist Manny Bobenrieth, The Capital Hearings a cappella group, Teiber Trio, Tommy Cecil Quartet, Yvonne Johnson Trio, and DJ Neville C.
- Cash bar with wine, beer, champagne, and light snacks (4:15–8 p.m.)
WHEN: Sat., Nov. 5
10 a.m.–8 p.m.
WHERE: The Phillips Collection, 1600 21st Street, NW
Metro: Dupont Circle (Q Street)
← Previous Story Jersey Boys at the National Theatre