Italians in DC Festival 2011
The first ever festival of contemporary Italian pop culture in Washington, DC takes place Sunday, May 8th from 2 to 9 p.m. at the Woodrow Wilson Plaza, Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW).
2011 marks Italy’s 150th anniversary and Washington, DC has dedicated this spring to all things Italian through La Dolce DC program.
With the Italians in DC Festival 2011 they want to offer Washington a fresh taste of Italy through music, aperitivo, arts and entertainment.
- 2:00-9:00 PM – Art exhibition (Aria Restaurant downstairs space)
- 2:00-4:00 PM – Kidz Love Italy Program (Woodrow Wilson Plaza)
- 2:00-4:00 PM – Italian wine tasting (Aria Restaurant Compass Room)
- 4:00-6:00 PM – A panel on “Italians in Washington, DC today: stories of an ongoing exchange” (Aria Restaurant Compass Room)
- 6:00-9:00 PM — Aperitivo Italiano with Italian cocktails, wines & Peroni beer (Aria Restaurant Patio)
- 6:00-8:00 PM — Live Music Concert by the group i-Talians (Woodrow Wilson Plaza)
- 8:00-9:00 PM — DJ Oskarello spinning music the Italian way (Woodrow Wilson Plaza)
There is NO fee for attending the Festival
- $15 for the Aperitivo Italiano (includes a drink and access to the buffet)
- $10 for the wine tasting (includes three glasses of wine)
- $20 for both the Aperitivo Italiano and the wine tasting